As per the guidelines set forth in my little experiment, I finally created an account on December 10, 2010.
I used my real name or at least the one I use everyday, not my official name that is on my passport and driver's license. I couldn't find the "yes, please" check box for SEX so I went with male. I did not however put my current location - rather I chose one at random, I think in Siberia. I then posted a photo from when I was 3 yrs old. It was the photo from my greencard. I put my real birthday and I think that's about it.
After filling out your info or is it before? I can't recall but at some point Facebook "add friends". I skipped this part. It then brings you to "find friends", I skipped this part as well. Of course, they don't want you to remain friendless - can't do much data mining if you have no social network to mine - so they help you by suggesting people to add. How nice of them. If I recall correctly of the 10 or so people they suggested, my brother was the only one who I knew. I didn't ask him to "friend" me however as that would have been in violation of my rules, so instead I finished the account creation process and patiently waited for the "friend" requests to just roll in...and waited, and waited - all the time wondering just HOW they were going to find me with the rather sparse information that I had given.
No comments:
Post a Comment